Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Week 1 : A Place to Stand - Summer Learning Journey || Day 1 || Activity 2 ||

Things that are special about my hometown: (Auckland)


I think that what makes Auckland special is the different cultures and the people in Auckland. A lot of the people are from China or India or The Pacific Islands. Auckland is the right you wanna go to if your wanting to watch a  movie, go sight seeing and you can find a lot of native birds around our forests! What makes Auckland special the most is its Native birds and the legends. The Native birds are where most of our hometown names come from.














































































2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sopheighra,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. It is awesome to see that you have already posted two activities as part of this years' programme. Like you, I also live in Auckland. It is a pretty great place to live, particularly (as you mentioned), for the native birds and trees. My backyard is actually a nature reserve where you can go walking amongst the plants and trees. It's really beautiful and very peaceful. Do you get the chance to go walking in the bush very often? If so, where do you go?

    I am always looking for new places to go for walks. It seems like Auckland has a huge number of trails and that you are able to explore the ocean, forests or city depending on what interests you the most. Today, I am happy to be home and not to be out walking as it is currently pouring rain outside. I hope that the rain will stop soon as I'm planning to go out tonight to look at the Christmas lights at MOTAT (the Museum of Transport and Technology) in Auckland. They put on a special display each year and I always love going.

    I hope that you will have a restful and relaxing holiday with your family. I also hope that you will have the chance to hop back online and blog with us over the summer. We're having a great time learning all about New Zealand.

    Hope to see you online soon!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sopheighra Its Araura, I really like your work it is interesting maybe next time you could have maybe added a bit of detail..

    Keep up the good work!

    Blog you later..Bye

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.